Cemfloor is a specially formulated additive that is used to create self levelling cementitious floor screeds.
Cassidy Brothers are suppliers of Cemfloor liquid screed for commercial and residential projects. With Cemfloor the liquid screeds performance is increased significantly and can be applied to a wide range of floors. The Cemfloor binder is simply mixed with cement, water and a suitable sand to create a high performance screed which complies with the requirements of EN 13813:2002 ‘Screed Material for Floor Screeds’. Cemfloor is produced in an ISO 9001 quality-controlled environment.
Key Features Of Using Cemfloor
When Cemfloor is applied to cement based screeds it creates an exceptional screed with the following key features & benefits:
- Thinner sections compared to traditional screeds. 25mm above underfloor heating pipes.
- Minimal Drying Shrinkage (<0.1%)
- Larger floor area without joints (up to 150m2 )
- Foot traffic after 24 hours
- Exceptional Thermal Conductivity(up to 2.9W/m.k)
- Can be applied in wet areas.
- Reduced drying times of 10-15 days compared with traditional screeds on non-heated floors. (Surface finishes can be applied at 5% MC)
- Can be forced dried after 7 days.
- Self-compacting – no voids around under floor heating pipes.
- No risk of contamination at concrete mixing plants.
- Easier to transport by mixer truck and can bring more volume compared to calcium sulphate.
- No Surface Laitance (Dust) after curing.
- Easy Installation; up to 1000m2 per day (Reduces time & costs).
- More thermal insulation can be used in floors, compared to traditional sand cement screed which leads to a better u value for your building.
- Lower running cost for underfloor heating system, due to exceptional thermal conductivity of cemfloor up to 2.9Wm.k compared with traditional screed at 1.1Wm.k and other liquid screeds at 1.8Wm.k which can lead to a saving of 8% per annum on heating costs.
Preparation For Installation of Cemfloor
Cemfloor is a self-levelling flowing screed flooring system comprising a cement binder, fine aggregate, proprietary additive, high-range water reducer, and water. Cemfloor should only be installed by approved contractors, who have been trained to lay cement based flowing screed.
Pre-installation Guidelines & Preparation of Substrate
- Cemfloor screed MUST only be installed in a totally weather tight environment, this means that the building must be constructed and all windows and doors in place.
- Should windows or doors not be in place all apertures must be covered with polythene to create the required weather tightness.
- Cemfloor can be installed as an Unbonded or Bonded system.
- For both systems the substrate should be sound with the surface swept prior to installation; contaminants such as mud, dirt, organic matter, water and construction debris should be removed.
- A minimum 5mm thick compressible border strip should be applied around walls and all upstands, columns, piers, and pipes.
- Maximum bay sizes of 150m2 can be placed without the need for construction joints. Joints should also be placed at all doorways.
Installation of Cemfloor screeds
- Before pumping commences each load of Cemfloor should be tested for work ability and if required adjusted accordingly. The target flow for this product is 230 to 260mm.
- To increase the flow of cemfloor screed by 10mm; 5 litres of water per metre of screed can be added. (i.e. To increase the flowability of a 5m3 load of cemfloor by 10mm; add 25 litres of water.)
- Care should be taken to avoid leading edges being left open for any length of time. Fresh deliveries of cemfloor must always be well blended in using the dappling bar/brush.
- The screed is placed to the desired level; with reference to the pre-set level indicators.
- Using a dapple bar/brush level the screed in one pass.
- Complete levelling process by passing over the screed in the opposite direction to the first pass using the dapple brush, making sure the full depth of the brush is pushed into the screed.
- Apply a suitable curing agent to the levelled screed. A knack sack spray is recommended; as the curing agent can then be applied during the second pass with the dapple brush. (Contact Screed Manufacturer to for details on suitable curing agents).
- Once the screed has been placed and finished, the room needs to be sealed for a minimum of 24 hours in the summer and 48 hours in the winter until the initial set has being completed.
- The slab will be ready for foot trafficking at this point
- After the 24-48 hours, doors and windows should be opened to allow ventilation to assist in the drying process. These should be closed over-night and then re-opened the following day.
Drying and final floor preparation
- Cemfloor screed should be adequately dried to the required relative humidity depending on the floor covering being applied.
- A suitable test method should be carried to ensure that the slab is adequately dry.
- The drying time is depended on the drying conditions, the depth of the slab and the final relative humidity content required.
- After 7-Days Cemfloor Screeds can be force dried using dehumidifiers and underfloor heating.
- Underfloor heating should be commissioned in accordance with the manufacturers guidelines.
- Prior to floor coverings being applied the floor should be cleaned of debris, lightly abraded with a suitable sand paper (if required), swept and then vacuumed.
Cemfloor screeds are very responsive to underfloor heating; due to the fact that they can be laid in very thin sections and have a high thermal conductivity. Since Cemfloor is a cement based screed; coverings can be applied when the screed has dried to a final moisture content of 5%; this is achieved in a much shorter time than some other liquid screeds that need to be force dried with underfloor heating to a final moisture content of 0.5% before some coverings can be applied.
Cemfloor screeds can be used where underfloor heating isn’t installed as it dries naturally to a final moisture content of 5% like traditional sand/cement screeds. Based on the requirements of customers; three types of Cemfloor screeds can be produced C16-F3, C20-F4, & C25-F5.
Click for large version
Contact Us For A Quote
If you are looking for a quote for liquid screed, call us today on +353 749157100 for more information on Cemfloor or to receive a quote.